does this count as therapy? does this count as anything?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ding da da ding...

I'd like to think I'm like any human sharing this earth; I'm trying to get the most out of my existence and doing good things along the way. I just turned 30, which was totally awesome. I know this will sound weird, but I feel like a wiser, more self-aware 24 year old. I love my life and feel amazing, except for one thing: I'm fat. Really fat. Scary fat, even.
At 5'10", I weight 295lbs, almost TWO TIMES the ideal body weight for my frame. It's my first priority to change this. To that end, I just relocated to New York(thebigcity) to be a dog walker and start living and being the way I see myself doing in my head, and the way I feel in my heart. I'm aware that moving across the country isn't the only way to do this, but come on. It's New York! I had an opportunity to come, so I did.
Two loaded suitcases, Dan Fashion in a carrier, and my feet in duck boots is how I came to New York(thebigcity) City by way of Jet Blue Airlines.
I left a lot of people that I loved and liked in Oregon and Washington, and some that I didn't. After extricating myself from the sludge that is toxic friendships and drama, I find that I have an amazing bunch of people behind me and a bright future ahead.
It is my dream to change my lifestyle for the better, go back to school and get my MSW, and work as an independent contractor with the state for social work. At this point I'm not sure what demographic I want to work with, but volunteer work that I have done this last year has been really life-changing and inspired me toward this choice.
Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment